What are Dental Crowns?
A dental crown is a full coverage restoration which both restores and protects a natural tooth. Our crowns are typically comprised of the highest quality dental porcelain.
What Is The Process of Having Dental Crowns?
- First of all, we’ll invite you to an initial consultation so you can talk us through your needs and concerns. We will explain the dental crown placement procedure to you and give you an accurate estimate for your treatment.
- When you are happy to proceed with the treatment, an appointment we’ll schedule an appointment to prepare your teeth for crowns. The first stage is to numb your teeth and gums with a local anaesthetic so that you do not feel any pain or discomfort during the procedure. Before your crowns are designed by the dental laboratory, we’ll reshape and prepare the surfaces of your teeth so that they can accommodate the crowns.
- Next, we’ll take an impression or mould of your teeth and send it off to the dental laboratory.
- While you’re waiting for your crowns to be constructed, we’ll fit temporary crowns to protect your prepared teeth.
- On your second visit, we will fit your new crowns to your teeth with special dental cement and bonding agents. Before fitting them, you will have an opportunity to see how they look in your mouth and ensure you are happy with them.
How long can I expect my dental crowns to last for?
Porcelain crowns will typically last for about ten to fifteen years. Eventually, your crowns will need to be replaced, but we will be able to give you a date for this during your regular check-ups.
Book a consultation
If crowns sound like the treatment you need, don’t hesitate to get in touch and arrange a consultation. We look forward to hearing from you!