Current recommendations suggest that adults and children should visit their dentist every six months for dental health assessments, cleaning and oral hygiene maintenance
Regular dental examinations are important as they allow us to monitor the health of the mouth and help to keep it free from tooth decay and gum disease. This can mean fewer fillings, less likelihood of toothache, more attractive teeth and a greater chance of keeping your own teeth for life.
As part of your dental examination, Drs John and Peter Mantel and Dr Shweta Pokar perform a comprehensive assessment of each patients dental health.
Dental Health Assessment – 11 Point Check
- We examine your general dental health, including checking for signs of oral cancer.
- We address any concerns you may have about your dental health.
- We address any concerns you may have about the appearance of your smile.
- We check your teeth to see if they are healthy and strong and look for signs of decay.
- We check your teeth for signs of wear, erosions and cracks.
- We check that any fillings or other restorations are still intact and sound, looking for signs of leakage, cracks or tooth decay.
- We examine the position of the bite of your teeth to check for any irregularities.
- We check to see if the inside of your mouth, cheeks, lips, tongue, roof and floor are healthy.
- We check the outside of your mouth.
- We check inside, under and between your teeth.
- We check the bone that supports your teeth.